This album features some of VK's already established best, as well as new material that I absolutely enjoyed. From the "Sword From Stone"'s pure majesty to the surf rock "Surfside Graveyard", from the kickass "Charge Shot" to the beautiful "Time Is A Wheel". And a topnotch production as usual !
Favorite track: Time Is a Wheel (The 7th Saga).
Includes high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Paying supporters also get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app.
Buying the full album also gives you a download link to isolated tracks for the whole album in MP3 format! Now you can know who's playing which part, and give a more dedicated listen to your favorite segments. These are provided in high quality MP3 format, and are also arranged in Reaper sessions for easy muting and soloing. NOTE: This does NOT include the full Reaper mixing or mastering sessions, and does not require any special VSTs to use. You can open any isolated MP3 file in your media player or DAW of choice.
Purchasable with gift card
name your price
Compact Disc (CD) + Digital Album
If you're a fan of solid, dependable, TANGIBLE THINGS, then this is for you! Comes in a digipack with artwork by Nate "FoxxDragon" Horsfall. Orders will ship within 48 hours in most cases.
Includes unlimited streaming of Warpath
via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
VIKING GUITAR LIVE is the five-person live version of Viking Guitar, including some long-time contributors to the video game cover music scene. "Warpath" is our follow-up to 2014's "Legion", re-recording and reinterpreting earlier Viking Guitar tunes for the full band. We've been trying to record this album since late 2015, but various other projects and real-life obligations prevented it from happening until now. However, since that time we've gotten the opportunity to play at several large conventions, and have done a bunch of smaller shows as "Viking Guitar Lite" (with just Erik and Grant) and this album is a great culmination of the last few years.
There are two new songs for you on here that have never been recorded previously, and one (7th Saga) that we've never played live.
Thanks to everyone that continues to listen to this music and to come see us perform. It's a wonderful experience for us, every time, and we couldn't do it without you!
KEEP THE WORLD METAL!
FUN FACTS FOR AUDIO NERDS:
- No drum triggering/sampling was used in these songs. What you're hearing is 100% acoustic drums.
- Guitar tones were all via amp sims (Scuffham and BIAS for Grant, TSE for Erik, and LePou Plugins for Ryan.)
- This album was recorded, mixed and mastered entirely using REAPER DAW.
- The guitar lines are arranged to reflect how we play these songs live. In general, you're usually hearing either three guitars playing rhythm or two playing rhythm with one lead. The only times you're hearing one of us double-tracking are when it's needed to maintain a doubled rhythm guitar line. (You can get the isolated tracks as a bonus download when you buy the full album!)
- The five members of VGL live in different parts of the country. All recording was done remotely to scratch tracks, and then mixed and
mastered in Santa Cruz, CA.
- The oldest song on this album ("Surfside Graveyard") was originally recorded in December 2009. The most recent ("Vash the Stampede") was introduced in our live set in August 2017.
NOTE: Artwork is still being finalized since Nate Horsfall is also the visualist for the Viking Guitar Live performances, and needs to join us out of town for a show. Everything will be touched up soon!
released January 1, 2018
Erik "Viking Guitar" Peabody - Guitar
Ryan "Mega Beardo" Postlethwait - Guitar
Grant "Stemage" Henry - Guitar
Dan "Chunkstyle" Taylor - Bass
Adam Henry - Drums
Mixed and mastered by Erik Peabody
Recorded by the members of Viking Guitar Live
All arrangements were created by Viking Guitar Live